Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Adventure

I decided today that I'm going to venture into the world of shooting RAW.  I'm totally hooked on photography, and I feel like if I want to push myself, I must go in this direction.  I'm reading, reading, reading just about anything I can find in regards to this format.  There are a TON of great photo blogs out there that have fabulous info!  (If you know of any, please point me in the right direction)




Just playing around for a bit in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR), I produced this vibrant photo of Mr. Ferd Man.  I also used ACR and then an action in Photoshop for the second picture of my new bedspread for our spare room.  I'm really happy with how much control I had over the pics, and I think I'm already hooked on RAW!  I can't wait to find out more and shoot more pictures...

I love to learn new things!

Off to read more about RAW... Remember if you have any tips or blogs you think would be useful, please feel free to point me in the right direction!

Steph + Photography + Photoshop = LOVE!



Just announced...
I'm going to have my first "official" shoot!  Yes, it's for family, but hey, it's a start!  It may be silly, but I'm excited.  It doesn't take much to make me happy! :)

11 comments:

Teresa

Looks great..I think once you go RAW you will not go back! You really do have some amazing control. The thing that always saves me is the "recovery" for exposure. It's amazing how much it helps. The noise reduction is pretty cool too. Have fun!

Jamie

you're making me want to branch out!

krissilugbill

congrats on your first shoot! who cares if it is family, it totally counts! I shot my sister in laws reception this spring and it was one of the best things I have ever done :) you are going to have so much fun! way to go after your passion! I love the two photo's above! Okay and i and as you know i also aspire to learn as much as possible about photography, so please share all that you learn! for starters...what do you mean by going RAW? hehe i know this may be stupid and i think i have a feeling of what it means, but please fill me in on the details, i think that i might like it. I am really into natural/vintage photography and i believe you are too so i feel like if RAW is something you like then it would be something i would like as well :)

Nancy Coelho

They look great Stephanie!

Too funny! I just started to jump into the world of RAW. I think I am hooked now too:P I love the depth of colour and shadows/highlights you can get. So different from Jpeg! If you get a chance, pop over to my Blog and see the 2 shots I put up today.
I have been in hiding since CBC but hopefully will be better at blogging:P

Love you Blog!

Sarah C

Love the photos.

Congrats on your first commission and you have every right to be excited. I know I would be. Hope you can show us some of the photographs you take xx

Abi

Yes! I love shooting in RAW because I have so much more control of the post-processing and my photos are much richer. When I choose to shoot JPEGs, my camera decides what information to keep (and what to trash) so the jpegs often look flat compared to RAW.
Photo.net is a great place to learn. Here is an article I just found there called "RAW, JPEG and TIFF"
http://photo.net/learn/raw/
I hope that's helpful!

Paint the Moon Photography

Congrats on your first session! Love that sweet photo of the teddy ... great perspective.

Kelly

I am so excited to be your assistant! You are doing a great job!

Stephanie

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am excited because I've had a busy two years of teaching/master's courses, so this venture into the creative world is thrilling! Keep visiting because I will be posting lots and lots in the weeks to come thanks to my new sessions and actions from Paint the Moon... :)

Lynda

There's no reason not to shoot in Raw, ever! I'm glad you're starting to do it. Here's a link to a fabulous article I read the other day, Shooting Raw is the Only Way: http://www.mcpactions.com/blog/2009/07/16/shooting-raw-is-the-only-way/

For general photography and photo editing links, you might want to try my Friday Finds where I post everything I've been reading in the past week.

http://www.digitalwoe.com/tag/friday-finds/

Kelly Roehrkasse

That's one FABULOUS new bedspread!

Post a Comment