Thursday, July 8, 2010

Big Picture Moment {The World is At My Feet}


I found another great creative outlet called "The Bigger Picture Blog".  It's a bit hard to explain fully, so if you're interested in checking out all the details for yourself they have a blog with all the info!

Just so you have an idea of what it's all about, the creators put this together to give people an opportunity to reflect and think about the "bigger picture" moments in our lives that we sometimes let slip by due to the everyday hustle and bustle.


Now my for big picture moment that I had this week...


As many of you know, both my hubbie and myself have been working very hard at finishing our master's this summer.  Last night I finished one of my LAST edits, which was a huge deal for me!  As I was reading over my grammar tenses (for the 100th time), I kept thinking, "Ughhhh, when is this going to be over!  I'm ready to move on!" For the past three years, all I have done is work, work, work.  Right out of undergrad, I began my teaching career and soon after started my master's degree.  I have poured my heart and soul into my teaching/schooling, and now that my degree is almost complete, I have some time to step back and think about what is next in my journey.  I have the world at my feet.  Not only will I have more time to dedicate to becoming a better teacher (which is one of my true passions in life), but now I am also able to embrace my love of photography.  I would have never thought I could have made it through everything that I endured over the past couple years.  It's been very tough, for both Dave and I, to balance teaching, going to school, coaching, all extra duties at school, and being a newlywed couple.  We've made it through and now instead of looking out on the world passing by us, we are able to step out into it and really begin living our lives.

What a great feeling!  I can't wait to see what the future holds for us!

7 comments:

Tammy Lee Bradley

You are going to look back on these days and wonder how you did it all. During college, I was married, worked full time, and took 5 classes a semester. These days, I am exhausted just talking about it. LOL!!

Teresa

Wow..congratulations on being so close to finishing your masters. That is a huge accomplishment!

Jamie

What a beautiful moment of clarity

Corinne Cunningham

You're so close!! :) Congratulations on everything you've already achieved. It's such a gift to be able to look at the bigger picture... good luck! (and thanks for linking up... we so appreciate it!)

krissilugbill

love your bigger picture moment :) you are gonna be there so soon! what a great feeling...no longer working towards that next step but you get to live life and fully enjoy! great job with all your hard work. also, love the photo!

Allison @ Alli 'n Son

That's an amazing feeling isn't it? Congrats on being so close to your goal.

kate

congrats on all of your hard work--you are almost there! thanks for sharing, i loved the photo.

Post a Comment