Sunday, May 22, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I'm realllyyy excited to do this post because it means that I actually have some "me" time.  Last summer I participated in all kind of photography challenges and loved it!  Unfortunately during the school year I just don't have any extra time to dedicate to photo challenges.  School is not quite over, but it's winding down, so that means I get to do more photo challenges... yay!!  My goal is participate in at least one challenge per week, so here's me meeting my goal in week one.

One of my favorite challenges to participate in is Sunday Scavenger Hunt with Ashley Sisk.  Ashley's photo blog was one of the first blogs I discovered when I started photo blogging a little over a year ago.  She's a great photographer and always inspires me to try new and different techniques in my own photography.  

This week the items on the scavenger hunt are:
My Passion
Sound of Music
Inner Beauty
Ethereal
Sharp  

One of the most fun things about the weekly scavenger hunt is that you get to interpret the themes each week.  Sometimes I go literal and sometimes I get really creative in my interpretation.

Anyways... I'll stop blabbing and share my photos for this week!!

"My Passion"
My Passion
I love this candid shot because it involves so many things that I'm passionate about all in one photo.  My husband, my pups, photography (of course), and my home.

"Sound of Music"
Sound of Music
This one is more literal.  In this photo I have my iPhone which also serves as my iPod, my iPad which I use all the time to play music around the house, and of course my trusty iMac which has been known to blare a few tunes now and then.

"Inner Beauty"
Inner Beauty
This is a shot of all the goodies I use on a daily basis to doll myself up.  I like to think that these items help make my outside look as lovely as the inside.  HeHe.

"Ethereal"
Ethereal
This shot was taken with my Lensbaby Composer lens, which I LOVE!  It really doesn't matter what you shoot with a Lensbaby, the results always come out ethereal and dreamy!

"Sharp"
Sharp
I love this shot of a little crystal clock that sits above my kitchen sink.  I love this shot because with the help of my trusty Lensbaby, only a tiny bit is in sharp and in focus, while the rest has a nice dreamy blur to it.  I just love looking at this photo because the sharpness, blur, and tones are perfect!

I hope you enjoyed my scavenger hunt shares as much as I enjoyed putting them together.  If you want to see more entries, head over to Ashley's blog for the link up.



Happy Sunday All!  

Photobucket

7 comments:

Crunchy Diva

wow i love the way you interpret the inspirations this week. i really like your sharp picture.

Abby

i love the first picture! Super cute.

Ashley Sisk

Yay! I'm so glad to see you back in the hunt. You always produce such beautiful work and this week is no exception. I hope this summer you'll have more "me" time!

deb duty

The lens baby looks fun. My favorite is the clock. I just made the switch to mac with an imac and I'm loving it.

Anonymous

Great photos. I love your passion photo.

A'n'G Johnson

Great photos and welcome back to the hunt. hopefully you will do it more often now that school is finally winding down!

Susan

Great interpretations, I think the Ethereal is my favorite. It reminds me that I need to put a Lensbaby on my wish list.

Post a Comment