Friday, August 16, 2013

Back to School Time

Well... It's been awhile... again.  I feel like that's all I ever say on here.  To be fair, this summer has been intense!  Moving, although only three blocks away, is never an easy thing.  Throw in an active baby, well you can understand where my time goes to!  

It's hard to believe, but today is my last day of summer break.  Monday I go back to work, and Dave is already there.  I can't say that I'm not sad, but I'm also really excited!  I always feel like the start of the school year is a fresh start.  Last year was full of extreme ups and extreme downs, and I'm ready to move on and wipe the slate clean.  

Even though summer FLEW BY, I do feel like we had plenty of time to enjoy our little Ms. Nora Lane.  She grew by leaps and bounds in just a few short months.  The first day in our new home, she crawled!  Within days after that she was pulling up and transferring from object to object.  And, in July when we visited Wisconsin, she took her first steps.  As you can probably guess, she's now a full-blown walker!  That's my girl... already an overachiever!  :)

I'm  making a goal to blog at least once a week from now on.  I want to not only showcase photos I'm taking, but more importantly, document our amazing days with Nora.  Life is so busy, and I don't want to let this time go by.

Now, of course, I must share a few pictures.  Some are "real" pictures from the "fancy" camera, and some are iPhone shots.  I've learned though, it's about capturing the moments, not about always have the technically perfect shots.

This was from early in the summer from our first trip to Ted Drewes Custard Stand.  If you know me, you know I love me my ice cream.  Guess what, Nora takes after her mommy!!

Speaking of my ice cream monster... We can't eat an ice cream cone in peace anymore.  She whines until she gets a bite!

This was from the Fireman's Parade this June.  It was Nora's first parade, and she loved it!  Not to mention, we had the BEST WEATHER EVER!

This was from Nora's first trip to the St. Louis Zoo.  We went on July 3rd, so it was a little crowded, but we had a great time with Nana, Paw-Paw, Morgan, and Jacob.

HaHa... This was after her first ice cream sandwich.  Yeah, she enjoyed it a little bit.

And a family shot from July.  My good friend Jackie Wirth was kind enough to do a little family session for us.  Nora wasn't exactly thrilled that we went into her nap time, but she was a trooper!

Well, I hear Missy Lou waking up from her morning nap.  We're heading off to have lunch with Me-Maw Kelly and Great Aunt Tracy.  We have to soak up our last day of summer break!!



Peace, Love, and Fresh Starts


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment